My Blog List

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

L'Abri


Finding new ventures is sometimes better than Christmas morning or finding a piece of chocolate. I have had the fabulous pleasure of going on many ventures of which I am thankful for... Keflavik, Iceland... St.Augustine, Florida.... New Orleans, Louisiana... London, England.... Scottsdale, Arizona... ALL of my journeys with the Nantahala Outdoor Center... living at the Gulf Coast could be considered a journey for many! Of course, there are always road trips to small cities, but it's the community of people I've met along the way and the pictures painted on my heart after I leave that I find so endearing. Sometimes a place will linger on my heart for years and years because the people there are just fabulous and what I gathered from them was truly amazing... God created us each so beautifully in our own individual ways... every once in a while I'll stop and think - what was He dreaming about.... when he created that random person.

A very good friend of mine shared an untold chapter of her life this evening... and it was when she spent time at a sweet little place called L'Abri. What a treasure to discover. Sometimes I wonder about this friend, and maybe she's just an angel... Who would ever know about a place or places called L'Abri.... At any rate... I hope you enjoy this link as much as I have. And perhaps look at new ventures of community in your life in a whole new way.... one where pictures are left on your heart...

A Shelter....L'Abri

No comments: