My Blog List

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Love.


I got on a blue kick for a while. Perhaps I was blue, who knows. It paid off though. This piece went in the Starbucks show... which was fun and more hype than anything. I only wish we had a Starbucks to do it in again! Guess we'll have to take it over to the new Coffee Merchant. While I was mingling like chatty cathy at this show... Brock and Debbie Hattox decided they wanted this piece, I thought Debbie was pulling me to the back of the room to talk because it was quiet back there. But she wanted that piece. I could not have been more thrilled. Debbie has created a soft house that is extreamly comfortable, classic and includes all of todays modern technology. She asked me to even come over and hang it for them... I was floored! In her main hallway. I'm glad they enjoy it and I love that they have a piece of my work. Great friends. In the process of creating this piece there was a ton of gold paint, red, and green, but of course ... blue. Paper and dyes with a bit of oil. It reminds me of a wedding bouquet... love... perhaps.

No comments: