My Blog List

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Singing Flowers


I can't remember a day that I've been to my parents house when there was not some sort of flower in bloom. They say... you know... they whoever they are... that plant life, flowers in particular are extreamly good for the heart... the soul... when we are sad or troubled they can make us happy. When we are good... they can make us even more happy! Wow. Flowers are a good thing. I suppose that is why I love trying to capture them. ;) This one sits in my parents bedroom. It's a fun piece, especially in person. There is quite a bit of texture to it and it's on canvas rather than on board. Dye and paper were the main sourse of color. It reminds me of just after a rainfall, when a flower has been covered up with water... and the sun busts through the trees... only to allow the petals to jump up again! Almost like they are singing! Mom loves this one and it reminds me of her... she jumps for her family and sings for us daily!

No comments: