My Blog List

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Pressing On

This piece resides in Mobile, AL with my friend Susan right now. I was happy to leave it with her. We were in college, working together waiting tables, and had no clue it would be about ten years before we would catch up again... but we did and this past year I was able to see she and her family a few times. They have a house in Gulf Shores, and she truly is a delightful friend I hope to hang on to till were old and silly!

This particular piece, went through many phases before it became what it is. The background is primarily shades of dye and the picture itself is dyed glues and textures with hints of gold all through the painting. There is one flower in the painting and it stands out. This painting is seen best in morning or evening light or perhaps under a black light. There is fabulous depth unseen to the natural eye. It reminds me of pressing on... in the fall, it's amazing how flowers still manage to bloom... and colors burst... just like in life... when we're down, Jesus gives us hope to press on for what is better... because he has great plans for us to prosper... not to harm us! ;) It's high grass, dead with a bloomin' flower in the midst! ;)







12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 3:12-14

No comments: