My Blog List

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Having Faith, Believing





These two pieces would not be complete if they did not reside together. They are happy! I did them quite a while ago, and I remember the first go around they were each one large flower... and I wiped it off and loved the background it left me... so I created this spring like picture with sprouting flowers... they are a beautiful bright green... which can be dangerous... and a sweet ruby red grapefruit as the color for the flower! There is much texture to these and nothing about them says classic painting... it's done of glues and house paint with small bits of oils. It was one of the first times I really used oils... I fould they are bright and a little goes a long way! I thought for sure my Aunt Pam would want these but she has never said a word about them really, she always has a ridiculous amount of flowers growing in her yard and it kind of remind me her her and her silly joyful self... but it's also a fresh painting... reminds me anyone who needs a fresh start with a little encouragement... it can happen! Having faith... believing... as dad says. ;)

No comments: