My Blog List

Monday, December 6, 2010

Hearts for Hearing


Love can be hard to find, but when we do it just happens... the world begins to turn in a whole new direction!
It's nice to know we can rest assured on the love of Christ at all times!

John 3: 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

I have three adorable nieces. My prayer and hope for their lives is that they know this love above all else!

My name sake niece, Anna Correll, my sister's daughter... and I paint together quite often. We have since she was a small thing... she is still a small thing - who am I kidding! We have brilliant conversation about life, love and the pursuit of her happiness!!!! She does a fantastic job, always! Explaining to her how deep, wide and grand is the love of Jesus has been exciting. Recently, her mother shared the story that while she was picking up her toys she begged Jesus to come out of her heart and help her pick up all her toys... I can't fathom the conversation she must have been having with Jesus, what she was feeling, or what she is thinking at the age of 3 about who Jesus really is... but I know her little heart is tender and her desire to serve the Lord will one day be grand, as he has already started to pierce her heart!

Ella Baxter who is my other niece of about the same age, is just as adorable... I don't get to see Ella B as often and really have only met her a few times. Knowing her through pictures and stories from her parents... has kind of given me an ache to know her all the more! She is partially hearing impaired but this does not stop this tall beautiful thing though... She has this wild creative side with much determination!

My third niece is Evy, and I can't wait to meet her... time seems to be flying but I will get to see her within the next 30 days!

Anna Correll and I have been painting 2x2 boards for a few years now, she usually does this amazing background full of colors and nothingness... I kept wondering what we were going to do with all these boards! I was up late one night a couple of weeks ago and plastered love on this piece... AC added a few finishing touches, and of course the background which is built up, is all her!

So, this is the first of the Hearts for Hearing series... (it is sold)

Due to all the crazy stories my brother Baxter and Jerri have shared - hospitals, hearing aids; videos; books and tutoring... etc...
I consulted with my sister and we would like to start a non-profit for parents who have babies that are born with hearing problems... such as Ella had when she was born.
It took many doctors pulling together to diagnose what was going on with little Ella B, and many families don't have the resources Baxter & Jerri were provided! For this we are thankful... but they still plug along ... I think the funniest yet most devastating story I heard was recently, they could not find Ella B's hearing aid (one of them) and they kept asking her what she had done with it... They had been to Lowe's and searched everywhere between there, the car, the house, etc... Ella B finally told them that she gave it to Cinderella.
A day later she told them she put it in a cup.
The next day, Jerri found it in the dish disposal after it had been washed down the sink from her Cinderella sippy cup. It was a $6k hearing aid.
My heart prays for my brother and his wife on this journey... and for Ella Baxter... but at the same token... so does my sister Worth and her sweet daughter Anna Correll...
Anna Correll will tell you she prays for Ella B & Uncle Bax & Aunt Jer... and she would love for this to happen for Ella B.... but ultimately for Jesus!















All of AC Sash pieces for Hearts for Hearing
rage from $15 to $45 dollars
If you are interested in any of the pieces -

please feel free to call or email
csmayfield@hotmail.com
205-790-1507
www.csheamayfield.webs.com


Our goal is $500 by July 2011
we are at $35

No comments: